Academic Areas: Software Engineering
Research Interests: Machine Learning, Data Ming, Digital Media, Pattern Recognition
PhD in Electronic and Electrical Engineering, 2001, HongKong Polytechnic University, HongKong
PhD in Control Science and Engineering, 1998, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, P.R. China
MS in Control Science and Engineering, 1995, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, P.R. China
BS in Control Science and Engineering, 1999, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, P.R. China
Associate Professor (2004-present), Huazhong University of Science and Technology, School of Software Engineering
Research Associate(2003-2004), HongKong Polytechnic University,Research Associate
Post-Doctoral Fellow(2001-2002), Huazhong University of Science and Technology, School of Computer Science and Technology
1. Qiu, D. H, Sun, J.L, Li, H,Improving similarity measure for java programs based on optimal matching of control flow graphs, International Journal of Software Engineering & Knowledge Engineering, 25(7): 1171-1197,2015.
2. Qiu, D.H, Zhang, Q.F, Fang, S.H, Reconstructing software high-level architecture by clustering weighted directed class graph, International Journal of Software Engineering & Knowledge Engineering,25(4):701-726, 2015.
3. Qiu, D. H, Li, H., Li, Y., Identification of active valuable nodes in temporal online social network with attributes, International Journal of Information Technology & Decision Making, 13(4): 839-864, 2014.
4. J.M.K. MacAlpine, Cheung, L. H, Ip, W. L, Ng, P.Y., Qiu D.H., Prediction of spark path in a point/two-rod gap in air, IEEE Transaction on D&EI，12(3): 469-477, 2005.
5. Qiu D.H, J.M.K. MacAlpine et al, A probabilistic analysis of spark paths in point/plane air gaps, IEEE Transaction on D&EI, 8(4): 644-647, 2001.
6. J.M.K. MacAlpine, Qiu D.H. et al, Analysis of spark paths in air using three-dimensional image capturing and processing, Imaging Science Journal, 48(3): 131-140, 2000.
7. Qiu D.H., J.M.K. MacAlpine et al, An incremental 3-dimensional analysis of spark paths in air, IEEE Transaction on D&EI, 7(6): 758-763, 2000.
8. J.M.K.MacAlpine, Qiu D.H., et al, An Analysis of spark paths in air using 3-dimensional image processing, IEEE Transaction on D&EI, 6(3): 331-336, 1999.
0804041 Algorithm Design and Analysis (undergraduate)
0820971Motion Capture Technology & Application (undergraduate)
921.510Uniform Modeling Language and Design (graduate)
1. Attribute graph-based machine learning for autonomic software system analysis, National Natural ScienceFoundation of China, 2009-2011.
2. Behavior recognition using MoCap data, Research Foundation of HUST, 2008-2009.
3. The study of learning machines with multi-strategy and their applications, HUST Fund for Imported Talent Personnel, 2004-2006.
4. Investigation of spark breakdown paths in air by using image processing techniques”, HongKong RGC Fund, 2003-2004.
6. The development of a distributed platform for virtual teaching experiments, China Innovation Fund for Small Technology-Based Firms, 2001-2002